Gmail to Outlook Migration Now Made Simple with Quick Steps
Nowadays, a large chunk of users is switching their email client from Gmail to Outlook. There could be quite a few reasons behind it as both the clients have their own pros and cons. However, switching an email platform can be a cumbersome task if not done using a trouble-free manner. Thus, in this article, we are going to discuss the ways to migrate Gmail emails to Outlook without losing a single bit of data.
Before directly jumping to the solutions, many users might have a query why would a user who is using Gmail would migrate the data into Outlook. So, let us discuss the reasons behind the platform migration.
Why do Users Want to Migrate Crucial Gmail Data to Outlook?
- Outlook permits you to store up to 50 GB of mailbox data in the current versions. Whereas Gmail offers you to save only 15 GB of data.
Tip: If you have configured your Gmail account in Outlook, then you can create an archive in the Outlook application and free up space in your Gmail account.
- Outlook allows you to access important mailbox data in offline mode as well.
- Many users feel Outlook’s interface and its features when compared to Gmail.
- You always have a backup of your Gmail account data stored in PST / OST format. So, you can keep that as a backup copy of your data.
How You Can Migrate Gmail Emails to Outlook for Free?
This method involves the configuration of your Gmail account in the Outlook application. Follow the steps discussed below to get the job done.
Important Note: This method involves some complexity and technicality. Moreover, it might take a long time to synchronize all the data in Outlook.
- Log in to your Google account at Gmail.com.
- To access the Settings panel, click the Gear symbol.
- To access the Settings window, click the See all settings button.
- Go to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Select the Enable IMAP option in the IMAP settings section.
- Changes should be saved.
Add Gmail to Outlook using IMAP Option
- Launch Microsoft Outlook.
- Select Add Account from the File menu.
- Enter the Gmail mailbox data in the account setup window: your name, your Google account login, and the password you use with this Gmail box.
- Finish the account creation process by completing the remaining steps and clicking the Finish button.
You can also export Gmail emails into PST format by executing the following steps:
- Select Open and Export from the File menu, then Import/Export.
- Gmail data must be exported to a PST file. Select Export to a File to do so. Next should be selected.
- Select Outlook Data File as the output file format (PST). Next should be selected.
- Select the Gmail account that you just synced.
- Select folders and subfolders to ensure that all emails from this Gmail account are exported to a PST file.
- Finally, conclude exporting by selecting the destination directory where the generated PST file should be saved.
The aforementioned procedure will also help you to download Gmail emails to a computer.
Method 2: Quick and Easy Way to Perform Migration
As we discussed in the above segment, the procedure to migrate Gmail emails into Outlook is a two-step process. The entire process consumes a lot of time and effort and also creates many complexities. Thus, to make the job simple, we have introduced a prominent 3Steps Software solution by experts.
This professional utility overcomes almost all the limitations of the manual procedure. Additionally, there are many more advanced features offered in the tool to make the task seamless.
Some Last Word
Gmail is without a doubt one of the best email platforms. Above all, Millions of individuals use it daily and are very satisfied with it. However, if you’re migrating to Outlook for whatever reason, you’ll want to make sure that all of your Gmail data is migrated into Outlook without any data loss. For that, we have explained two different procedures in detail. You can opt for any of the solutions as per your feasibility.