Ways to Migrate OLM to Exchange Server Account without Downtime
Introduction: In this comprehensive article, you will discover all the various options to migrate OLM to Exchange Server account. Using the ways we are going to discuss, one may effortlessly get this work done without suffering any form of problem.
OLM files are created from Outlook for Mac and contain all emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, and notes. They are stored on the hard drive or in a local storage path. Such OLM files are ideal for migrating data across computers. However, what if a user wishes to migrate OLM to Exchange Server account.
Microsoft Corporation created Exchange Server, an email server. Through Exchange Server services, it enables us to save incoming and outgoing emails, preserve emails, draught emails, contacts, and calendars on the server.
We’ve noticed that a large number of people are seeking for a way to migrate OLM to an Exchange account. If you are one of them and in search of a solid answer, this guide will be of great assistance to you.
Reasons to migrate OLM to Exchange account
- Exchange Server provides a plethora of benefits:
- Exchange Server 2019 provides access to the Exchange Admin Center, or EAC.
- The server features 256GB of RAM and 48 CPU cores.
- Dynamic memory cache allocation is use to optimize the server’s memory utilization for active databases.
- It enables email addresses with non-English characters to be handled and sent natively.
Additionally, have a look at the query below:
Is it possible to transfer my OLM files to an Exchange account? My supervisor recently assigned me this project, which I am excited about. In his words, I was to migrate a large number of OLM files into an Exchange account. However, the problem is that manual migration will take a significant amount of time if I take a chance. Would you kindly provide me with a solution that is devoid of any form of risk?
You can see the advantages above. In addition, we have just mentioned a single issue. There are numerous users that require the performance of such a work, and their requirements are vastly varied. As a result, I’ll go over the procedures in depth.
How to manually migrate OLM into Exchange Server account?
There really is no direct manual way for migrating your OLM data files to Exchange Server that is completely free. To migrate Mac for Outlook files to Exchange, you must first convert them to the PST file format and then convert them to the Exchange Server. The following are the procedures:
Phase 1: Please create a Gmail account on your Mac machine
- To create a Gmail account on a Mac, you must first open MS Outlook for Mac and then follow the instructions below:
- Go to Tools > Accounts > Accounts wizard in Outlook for Mac.
- Select the Plus Button and then the Email Address Pane, where you may enter your email credentials.
- Select Add Account and provide the incoming and outgoing servers’ port numbers.
- It is not require, but you can tick a yellow button that indicates connection formation if you choose.
- Now, this yellow button should turn green if you enter the right password and the connection was established successfully.
Phase 2: Migrate your Mac Outlook emails into Gmail account
To migrate Outlook for Mac OLM to a Gmail account, you’ll need to copy the folder containing the Outlook for Mac emails and choose the target folder in the Gmail account. When you’re finished, the navigation bar will indicate the level of the message upload. After the email data is uploaded, you must reload your Gmail account in order to access it.
Phase 3: Create a Gmail account on Windows machine
This step simply configures your newly created Gmail account in Microsoft Outlook for Windows. Create your account by navigating to File then Info then Account Settings and following the on-screen instructions. You may move your files to Exchanger Server after establishing your account in Outlook for Windows.
Phase 4: Migrate your Gmail account emails to Windows Outlook machine
- To migrate your emails to Windows Outlook, follow the instructions below:
- Log in to your Gmail account using your Gmail login credentials.
- Then, on the right side of the window, click Settings.
- Now, select Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Following that, enable the IMAP option under IMAP access.
- Now, switch on the Auto-Expunge On option that corresponds to your selection.
- Utilize the Save Adjustments button to apply the changes.
- Finally, you can now access your Mac emails directly from Exchange Server. However, this approach is tough and requires some effort. This manual solution does not ensure the safety and security of your data. Additionally, you may lose data throughout the migrating procedure. To address all of these issues, you should use a third-party tool.
Fast and Reliable Method to Migrate All Data in Simple Steps
We can see manual steps are very lengthy as well as time-consuming. Also, while performing this task, there is a huge risk of data loss. So, it is suggested to use any professional solution. 3Steps Software is the only solution available that supports a large number of advance features. With this application, one can easily migrate unlimited OLM files into Exchange Server account without facing any type of hassle. With this app, you can migrate OLM to Exchange along with all properties.
The Final Words
In the above post, we have explained both manual and expert method to migrate OLM to Exchange account. Using the suggested method, one can get their task done. It is always suggested, to perform such type of heavy migration, go with professional software only.