How to Split PST File without Outlook? Step by Step Guide
Overview: Here you will get correct and complete information on “how to split PST file without Outlook into Small PST Files?”. In this write-up, we will show you free techniques to split PST file in Outlook without any hassle.
As we all know, Outlook creates PST files to store their data; but what happens when your PST file exceeds the size limit. I understand how difficult it is to imagine.
Because all of our Outlook data is kept in a single PST file, there may be moments when your PST file reaches its maximum size. Many issues will arise for users while using Outlook. So, it has become essential to divide a PST file into many parts.
Why is it Necessary for Users to Split a PST file in Outlook?
The following are the issues that you may encounter if your PST file has expanded to its maximum size: The following are all of the problems:
- The PST file becomes corrupted because it is too large.
- It is not feasible to have access to all of the things saved in the PST file.
- The corruption of a large PST file causes the whole user session to come to a stop.
Manual Methods to Split PST File in Outlook
Here we will show you free and manual methods to split Outlook PST files. In this section, you will get 2 methods, both methods are given below:
Method 1: By Using Import/Export Tool
- Open Outlook on your machine.
- And click on the “File” tab and choose “Account Settings” >> “Account Settings…” options.
- Now click on the “Data File” tab and click on the “Add” tab >> “Account Settings”.
- Next enter the PST file name and press the “OK” icon.
- Now you will get a new PST file in data files.
- After that, again click on the “File” tab and choose the “Open & Export” option.
- Choose the “Import / Export” option.
- After that a window will appear and select the “Export to a File” >> “Next” icon.
- Now choose “Outlook data file (.PST)” and choose the required folders and sub-folders.
- Now browse the required location to save the file and click on the “Finish” button.
Method 2: With Archive Features in Outlook
- Once again click on the File tab in Outlook.
- Now choose the “Info” button and choose “Tools” >> “Clean up old files”.
- Next select Folder to Archive and choose the data according to you and browse the saving location and press on the “OK” button.
At this point, the procedure will be successfully finished. And your PST files have been split. However, there are various difficulties and constraints that users may encounter along with the procedure.
Limitations of Free Methods
Free methods are good for certain data, but if you want to split large size PST files into Small PST Files, then this technique will not work. Some limitations are mentioned below:
- The possibility of data loss.
- There is a possibility of corruption in the PST file.
- It is necessary to have extensive technical expertise.
Read More: How to Merge Multiple vCard files into One?
How to Split PST File without Outlook and Any Data Loss?
For large PST files, you need to use a third-party tool such as the 3Steps software to split the PST file into smaller files. The software has one of the most useful and remarkable features, such as the fact that there are no file size constraints. Additionally, users may easily separate several Outlook PST files without any difficulty or complications. In addition, users may divide their PST files without having to install Microsoft Outlook.
The tool may separate all of the data included in a PST file, including emails, contacts, calendar events, notes, tasks, and other information.
Time to Say Goodbye
The best approach to split a large PST file into smaller sections is offered in this article, which includes both a manual and an automatic option. Manual procedures, on the other hand, have a significant chance of failure and need extensive technical expertise to successfully truncate a PST file, thus we warned against using them. so, we suggest that you use an automated application to split huge PST files into Small PST Files since it is safe and secure.