Free Methods to Save Gmail Contacts with All Contact Information
Overview: This article discusses free manual ways to save Gmail contacts to a computer or phone (Android or iPhone). Users can easily export their contacts in CSV or VCF format. There is an additional automated software as well that makes the job much simple and offers various export options as well.
Being a Gmail user for so many years, I must say that it has been a boon for me for these years. I guess you will also feel the same. Not only emails, but it also stores all the contact information and makes sure that we don’t have to remember all those contacts.
But what if there occurs a situation where you lose access to your Gmail account and all your crucial contacts are gone? Or do you need to access those contacts in some other application? How will you manage to do all this?
If you also have one such scenario and want to know how you can save your Gmail contacts to your computer or phone, then you are at the accurate place. This write-up will cover options to save Gmail contacts via a free manual procedure and a professional automated tool.
Step by Step Guide to Save Contacts from Gmail to Computer
There are multiple ways when it comes to saving your important contacts from Gmail. One is the Export option provided in Google Contacts and the other is the automated tool.
The free solution provides only two export options i.e., CSV and vCard. Whereas the professional tool offers numerous other options that make it easy for the users to access those contacts on any desired platform.
Let us first discuss the manual solution provided by Google.
Free Method to Save Gmail Contacts to Computer
- Firstly, log in to your Gmail account.
- After that, click on the nine-grid option.
- Thereafter choose the Contacts option.
- After choosing the contacts option automatically open the new tab in your browser and you can see all your contacts.
- Click on the Export button.
- You will see the new popup window shown as a screenshot. After that, you can choose any export option firstly Google CSV, second Outlook CSV, and last is vCard (for IOS Contacts).
- Lastly, click on the Export option to start will be the exporting process.
Automated Solution of Export Gmail Contacts to Computer
The most effective solution to save Gmail contacts is a third-party solution by 3Steps Software. Using this application, you can export your contacts in many file formats and not only in CSV or vCard. Many users find this solution an easy way to export contacts with all the meta details.
Not only contacts, but this is also one of the best solutions to download Gmail emails to computer. There are multiple advanced features that make the entire job an effortless task. You can also download this utility for free and export all contacts.
Export Contacts from Gmail to Phone (Android or iPhone)
- Login to your Google account on the phone and launch to Google Contacts app.
- You will see the Export option on the left-hand side.
- Choose the file format in which you want to save your contacts and hit the Export button.
- Finally, all your contacts will get saved in the selected format.
In this blog, we have discussed the free methods to save Gmail contacts on computers and phones (Android and iPhone). Now, users can easily export their contacts either on their desktop or their smartphone. Moreover, we have also explained a professional solution if a user wants to backup Gmail emails to a hard drive along with contacts.