Kerio to Office 365 Migration – A Complete Process
Are you seeking for a manual Kerio to Office 365 migration solution? You’ll enjoy this post if you’re still looking for it. We’ll go through some simple methods for migrating data from Kerio to Office 365.
People shift data from one platform to another for business reasons so they can conduct their work more efficiently. The popularity of Office 365 and its user-friendly interface may be the key reasons for completing the Kerio to Office 365 migration.
However, due of the difficulties and numerous barriers, many users did not finish the conversion procedure. This issue, however, is no longer an issue!
This post will walk you through one of the free ways to move Kerio Data to Office 365.
Why is Necessary to Migrate Kerio data to Office 365?
- Microsoft’s Office 365 is the most widely used email client.
- It’s simple to integrate with MS Outlook for database import and export.
- Microsoft updates the latest edition of Office 365 with new features on a regular basis.
- Because of the system’s worldwide reach, as well as Office 365’s use of Microsoft capabilities as a business suite, it has the added benefit of seamlessly integrating popular Office products.
Is it Possible to Manually transfer Kerio to Office 365 Migration Process?
Yes, after much investigation, I discovered just one manual method, which is detailed in this blog.
There is no manual way to migrate Kerio to Office 365 besides using the Kerio Outlook Migration. Manual techniques are exceedingly tough to master and are broken down into several sections. You may have to pay a high price, such as data loss, if you omit single stages.
You must first install the Kerio Outlook connector before connecting to MS Outlook. After that, using PowerShell commands, the migrated data will be loaded into Office 365.
Keep in mind that you’ll need to get a Kerio Outlook Connector license. The Kerio Outlook Connector is available for free for a short period.
Get the Kerio Outlook Migrator First
- To begin, go to the Kerio Outlook product page and download and install the trial version.
- After installation, right-click the profile and select “Integration with Windows.”
- Finally, press the “Download Kerio Outlook Connector” button.
#2 Connect Outlook Migrator to a Microsoft Outlook Account
- Click the “File” tab in Microsoft Outlook.
- Select the menu option Info >> Add account from the drop-down menu.
- After that, select “Manual configuration or extra server types” from the drop-down menu >> Next.
- Select “Other” in the next window, then “Kerio Connect (KOC Offline Edition)” in the following window.
- Finally, if any login data is necessary, fill it out and link it. The migration of Kerio to Office 365 will now begin with the configuration.
The Kerio mailbox is now being convert to Microsoft Outlook. The data from Outlook will then be imported in PST format. It is also the finest method for saving MS Outlook data to PDF with attachments for backup needs.
#3 Data from Outlook Mailboxes Exported
- Open Outlook on your computer.
- Select File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export from the File menu.
- From the “Export to a File” page, select Outlook Data File (.pst).
- After that, decide the data you wish to move.
- Finally, select “Browse” to store the produced file.
You will receive the PST file where you saved it after finishing all of the steps. Now is the time to use PowerShell Commends to migrate the PST file to Office 365.
#4 Import PST file into Office 365 with PowerShell Commends
Some prerequisites must be met before the migration process can begin:
- It’s necessary to have an admin account on the Office 365 tenancy.
- Role of the Import/Export Mailbox Administrator
Microsoft offers an Import Service that utilizes Azure storage.
Related Post: How to Migrate Kerio Connect to Zimbra
Step 1: Make Storage Arrangements
- Open your O365 account and select Import Service >> Data Migration from the drop-down menu.
- Then select “Upload PST files” from the drop-down menu.
- Select (+ sign) >> Upload email messages (PST file) from the drop-down menu.
- For the first import, the storage account will be established. Select ‘Show network upload SAS URL’ from the drop-down box to do so. The following information will be included in this URL:
- The Storage Account’s Full Name
- The Container Storage Service
- Version, Expiry Date, Storage Type, Storage Identifier, and Signature. It has the following elements: sv (storage service version), se (expiration date), sr (storage type), si (storage identifier), and sig (signature) (signature). This URL is used by the Azure AzCopy Tool to upload PST files.
Step 2: Using Azure Storage Explorer, upload the PST file
After you’ve completed all of the preceding steps, you have two options for uploading PST files. The AzCopy Tool (Command Line Tool) and the Azure Storage Explorer are two options for users (Graphical Tool).
- You must first establish a connection to Azure Storage Explorer.
- Now is the time to enter the Shared Access Signature (SAS) URL or an account key.
- The Connection Summary will appear when you’ve entered the SAS URL.
- The Azure Storage Explorer Tool may then be use to import PST files.
- After that, you may use to check the list of files that are available on Azure.
Step 3: Creating a File Map
You must produce a CSV file after uploading the PST file to Azure Storage. The PST files will be map to mailboxes and destination folders using the CSV file, allowing them to be discover.
Step 4: Complete the Kerio mailbox data migration to Office 365 Account
Finally, the PST mapping file must be import. Your PST file will be migrate to Office 365’s Online Archive once you click the Finish button.
The Manual Approach’s Limitations
- Users are finding it increasingly difficult to comprehend and apply manual procedures precisely.
- Because it is broken into numerous parts, it is a time-consuming operation.
- For a limited time, the Kerio to Office migration is available for free. After that, you’ll need to buy a licenced copy.
- The cost of the licenced version is prohibitively high.
- Technical expertise is require. It will not operate properly if you skip any of the steps.
- Furthermore, there is a considerable risk of data loss, formatting changes, folder structure modifications, and attachments.
The Fastest and Easiest Way to Move Data from Kerio to Office 365
The manual technique is very long and difficult, as we can see in the preceding section. The user will become stuck at times when performing the manual method.
We will, however, supply you with a one-stop 3Step Kerio to Office 365 migration solution that will allow you to move Kerio data directly to Microsoft Office 365. This software is a stand-alone software that does not require the use of an email client to do the migration.
Only your Office 365 credentials will be require. You may quickly transfer data from Kerio to O365 without using the Kerio Server. This tool does not necessitate any technical skills to use.
During the migration, the original folder organization and data integrity will be preserve.