How to Manage Large Outlook PST File in One Go? Solved
In this post, I’ll go through the most straightforward and tried-and-true method to manage large Outlook PST files. There are many people who have encountered the problem of huge PST files and who would want to minimize the size of their PST files.
Managing large volumes of email in Outlook is the most effective method of resolving this issue. First and foremost, we must understand what a PST file is before moving on to the answer. So let us get started.
Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, & 2010 can handle PST files up to a maximum size of 50GB. It is possible that an Outlook PST file larger than 50 GB in size can get corrupted, resulting in the error message “cannot open the PST file.” In the situations, that the PST file becomes corrupted, you will be unable to view the PST file or its contents until the file has been restored successfully.
Additionally, you must understand how to manage large Outlook PST files to avoid the file being corrupted or damaged in the first place.
Reasons to Manage Large Volumes of Email in Outlook
- The efficiency of Outlook is affected by the high size of PST files, which necessitates managing large Outlook PST files.
- When a huge PST file exceeds the permitted size limit, the user is unable to view the file or send and receive new email messages from the server.
- To prevent data loss as a result of an excessive PST file, it is necessary to split PST files without Outlook into many smaller ones.
Free Techniques to Manage Large Outlook PST File
Here we will show you 2 methods to merge Outlook PST files. both methods are mentioned below:
Method 1: Use the Archive feature to Minimize the Size of a PST File
- Open Outlook on your machine and click on the “File” tab.
- Now press on the info >> Tools >> Clean Up Old Items.
- Select “Archive items older than box” and choose the required folders that you want to archive.
- And browse the saving location of the folder and click on the “OK” to finish the process to manage large volumes of email in Outlook.
Method: 2 Create New PST File to Manage Large Outlook PST Files
- First click on the “File” tab >> “Account Settings” >> Account Settings….
- Now click on the “Add” button.
- Now save the file name and click “OK” to continue.
- Next, your new PST file will create.
- After that, restart Outlook.
- And click on the File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- Now choose the “Export to a File” option and then “Next”.
- Select the “Outlook Data File (.PST)” option.
- And then choose the needed data file to export.
- Lastly, browse the saving location and click on the “Finish” icon to manage large volumes of email in Outlook.
Limitations of Free Techniques
- The procedure is very time-consuming and complicated.
- Also, there is a high risk of data loss.
- It is necessary to have technical expertise.
- There is no assurance that the data is accurate.
Smart Solution to Manage Large Outlook PST Files
If you want to divide a PST file quickly and properly, you may use 3steps software, which is the finest and most thoroughly tested solution available by industry specialists.
This tool allows you to divide a PST file according to its size, date, folder, and year and manage large Outlook PST files. And also, It keeps the data’s integrity intact when separating large Outlook data files to manage large Outlook PST files. You may use this software to merge Outlook archive files without having to worry about losing any data.
It divides Outlook data files into separate folders, each including all of the emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, and other objects.
Time to Say Goodbye
Finally, above, I discussed both the manual and managing large Outlook PST files. Manual approaches have certain limits, which is why I would recommend that you utilize professional tools to remove all of the constraints.
Also, this tool is completely secure and has been thoroughly tested by specialists to quickly and effectively divide a huge PST file into several smaller files to manage large Outlook PST files. You can simply evaluate its functioning performance and efficiency by downloading and installing its sample versions.