How to Import OLM to Outlook 365? A Step-by-step Guide
Are you considering making the switch from Mac Outlook to Outlook 365? If you answered yes, you may have difficulties while moving OLM files to O365. As a result, this article will provide you with a comprehensive list of best options to import OLM to Outlook 365. Therefore, if you require the same immediately, let us prepare to obtain it.
The OLM file was created with the introduction of Outlook 2011 for Mac. OLM files are the Mac’s master repository file format for storing Outlook local data such emails, attachments, contacts, calendar information, assignments, notes, journals, and so on.
First and Foremost, We Must Understand Why Import OLM to Outlook 365.
- To be sure, OLM files are compatible with Outlook for Mac. Which implies that in order to access your emails, you must use the device on which the client is installed.
- Thus, by importing OLM files to Outlook 365, you may access your email from any location. You will not be required to connect to a specific device.
- Outlook 365 also provides increased connection to the organization’s users, since they may stay connected at all times and all have access to the same data.
- Additionally, it improves the security of your emails because all data is stored on the cloud server rather than on a local device.
Thus, these are a few of the issues with the OLM and the flexibility of Outlook 365 that contribute to consumers abandoning the account. Thus, in order for you to appreciate the benefits of Outlook 365, we provide you an excellent option for importing OLM into them. Therefore, have a peek.
Process to Import OLM files into Office 365; The Manual Approach
First and foremost, you must import all of your OLM files into Outlook for Mac. Then, in order to follow the process of importing them to Outlook 365, you’ll need to add the IMAP enable account. So, let’s start with the procedure of importing OLM Files or Folders to Outlook for Mac.
Phase 1: Import OLM to Outlook for Mac
- To get started, open the Outlook software on your Mac.
- Then, on the menu bar click File, select Import from the drop-down menu.
- Now choose the type of Outlook file you want to import by clicking the Continue button.
- After that, identify and click Import on the Outlook file you want to import.
Phase 2: IMAP Account Configuration
There are three sub-methods in this solution:
- Setting up Gmail on a Mac using Outlook
- Gmail data transfer from Mac Outlook
- Setting up Gmail in Windows Outlook
Process 1: Integrating Gmail with Outlook on a Mac
- To begin, launch Mac Outlook in order to import OLM to Outlook 365, then navigate to the Outlook tab and click Preferences.
- Select the Accounts option from the Personal Setting menu.
- After that, pick the Plus symbol and then the Email option.
- Enter your Gmail account’s username and password, then select the Add account option.
- Your Gmail account will be added to your Mac Outlook profile after that.
Process 2: Import Outlook data from a Mac into Gmail
- Right-click on Configured email account Folder in the Mac Outlook programme. Choose a new folder to work with.
- Give the folder a new name. Select the Import option from the File menu.
- Then, inside the import option, pick Outlook Data File and then click Next.
- Select the Outlook for Mac Data File radio option (.olm).
- Select the OLM file and click the Import button.
- You will receive an import complete notification after the operation is completed. After that, click the Done button.
- In Mac Outlook, you will receive an import notice. Then select all of the messages with a right-click.
- Select the move option first, then the folder choice.
- Finally, all of the emails will be transferred to the Gmail account that has been setup.
Process 3: Integrating Gmail with Microsoft Outlook
- To begin, open the Outlook programme.
- Then select Add account from the file menu.
- There are two alternatives. Select the option for manual configuration or an additional server type. Then press the Next.
- Choose between POP and IMAP.
- Fill out the user information section with your name and email address.
- In the login details, enter your Gmail address and password.
- Select More settings from the drop-down menu.
- In the internet email settings, click to the Outgoing Server tab and check the box.
- In the advanced tab, enter 995 as an incoming server and 465 as an outgoing server. Make sure the option “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)” is selected as well. Then choose OK.
You may use the “Import/Export option” to export OLM to PST file from an IMAP mailbox . After that you need to import that import that files into Outlook 365.
Phase 3: Import the PST files you converted from OLM to Outlook 365.
Step 1: Log in to the o365 Admin account first. Select Data Migration from the Setup menu. Then select Upload PST file->Import new job from the drop-down menu. Press the Next button after typing the job title.
Step 2: Click Next after selecting Upload your data. A new window will appear.
Step 3: Copy the Show Network Upload SAS URL link from the Show Network Upload SAS URL. Click Download Azure AzCopy, then download, install, and execute it as an administrator.
Step 4: To move the PST to the Azure Storage areas, use the command below.
Step 5: After running the command on Azure, it displays all of the files that were successfully transferred, skipped, or failed. Select the checkboxes for both choices that must be used to map the file and then click Next.
Step 8: In Excel, create a CSV file in the following format and save it as.csv. Select the mapping file, validate it, and then save it.
Step 6: You must now return to the Import page. The exported PST file may be found here. Select “Ready to Import to Office 365” from the drop-down menu. The importing procedure begins, and you will be routed to the “Filter your data” page after it is completed. If you wish to filter the data, select the appropriate option. The PST file has been successfully moved to Office 365’s cloud mailbox.
So that concludes the process to import OLM to Outlook 365
As you can see, the procedure is excessively lengthy and can consume a significant amount of your time. Furthermore, the method does not ensure data integrity.
To get around these restrictions, you can utilise the 3Steps Software to import OLM files into Outlook 365. It’s the most efficient automated method, with only a few simple steps. To produce a PST file, the application does not need you to import Outlook OLM to Gmail account. It allows you to import files directly without needing to use any other methods. So be sure to have a look.
We spoke about how to import OLM to Outlook 365 in this blog. Many people are having difficulties finishing this procedure. As a result, we have provided you all the possible ways to import your OLM files. You will discover both manual and expert methods of doing so here. However, for users, the expert way is more successful.