How to Import EML File to Office 365
Are you having trouble Import EML file to Office 365? If this is the case, you should cease looking for a solution. This article discusses how to import EML files to Office 365 account. Read this article and check back with us for updates.
Query from a user:
Hey! I’m Jennifer, and I work at an IT company. I have a large number of EML files and would like to import them all into Office 365. It is the most dependable and valuable. As a result, my data will be protected there, and it is also created by Microsoft. However, the problem is that I have no notion of how to complete this assignment. Could someone please assist me in getting out of this situation?
—Jennifer from the United Kingdom
The above-mentioned problem is not limited to a single user. This is the most prevalent issue that consumers consider. Before we go into the answer, let’s go over why this import technique is necessary.
What are the Benefits of Importing EML Files to Office 365?
This operation is carried out for a variety of reasons. Some of them are listed below:
- It always kept all attachments in one place, so the user didn’t have to go looking for them.
- Users of Office 365 may manage their email accounts in a secure and cost-free manner.
- Users may always access and work with their data at any time.
- Office 365 is specifically developed to assist both professional and self-employed users in building their contemporary businesses.
- Users will also have the option of sharing draughts, which will allow them to get their email evaluated before sending it to others.
- Office 365 is a secure cloud-based email service that allows users to send and receive emails while also allowing them to access Word, Powerpoint, and MS Excel online.
Related Post: How to Save Outlook Calendar as ICS Format
Import all EML files to your Office 365 account
There are 2 methods to import eml files to the office 365 account
- Method 1 using Windows live mail to Import EML File to PST file
- Method 2 using Outlook to import EML File to PST File to complete the activity, the user must go through two steps.
It’s a two-step procedure.
Step 1: – Convert EML files to PST format in Office 365.
- To get started, open Windows Live Mail (WLM) and Windows Explorer.
- Open the folder containing the EML file in Windows Explorer and make both windows visible.
- Drag & drop all of the needed EML files from Explorer into a WLM Messages Folder.
- Then proceed to File->Export->Email Messages in WLM.
- Now the user must select either MS Outlook or Exchange as an option and click OK.
- Outlook will begin working in the background. To pick folders containing EML files, click the ‘Selected Folders‘ button.
- After that, click OK and then Finish to finish the operation.
- Finally, verify that the user can view all of the EML messages in Outlook.
- Although the aforementioned strategy does not work in all instances, it does have a few drawbacks. They require Exchange Server availability, attachment loss, and time to convert a big number of EML files.
Step 2: – Open this PST file in Microsoft Office 365
The user can choose between using Network Upload or Drive Shipping to finish the import procedure. Both solutions, on the other hand, are not advised.
The official Microsoft website explains these ways. To finish the step, have a look there:
- Upload to the Internet (it requires Extra Effort)
- Boost Shipping (Time Taking Procedure)
Method 2 – Import EML File to Office 365 Account
- Open MS Outlook and go for the import/export option and import the EML file into Outlook.
- After that, eml file is easily imported into MS Outlook.
- Then, click on the export button and export eml file as PST file format.
- Finally, Upload the PST file to Office 365.
Why Shouldn’t a User Prefer a Manual Solution? — Justifications
When adopting the above-mentioned approach, the user will encounter a number of disadvantages. This are some of the disadvantages are as follows:
- The Procedure that takes a long time: This approach takes a long time to complete. Users will need to exercise a great deal of patience in order to complete the assignment. In addition, a lengthy and complex procedure must be followed.
- Fear of Data Loss: Users will always be concerned about data loss. There’s a danger that if you employ this method, you’ll lose important data.
- No Direct Answer: As we can see, the manual method does not have a direct solution. The task will be completed in two phases by the user.
To prevent all of these problems, it’s advisable to use a professional solution to import EML files to Office 365 for a hassle-free experience.
Import EML Files to Office 365 Professional Way
As previously stated, while adopting the manual technique, the user will have to deal with some of the implications of the manual solution. As a consequence, hiring the best services is preferred. For both technical and non-technical users, 3step Software Option is the greatest professional solution. It’s made specifically for importing EML files into Office 365.
This tool has a number of advanced features that are valuable to users. In a few simple steps, users may import large EML files into Office 365. This software will be simple to use for users. This Software does not require any specific technical knowledge to use. It can import emails, attachments, contacts, calendars, tasks, and notes, among other things.
In this article, we’ll go through how to import EML file to Office 365 in a nutshell. This blog article might help users who are looking for a way to do this assignment. We have covered the causes behind this issue, as well as the manual and professional approaches.
Users can complete this work by looking through both solutions. However, due to its numerous drawbacks, it is recommended that manual processes be avoided. Instead, use an automated process that ensures 100 percent correctness in the data produced. I hope this blog can help you with your problems.