Divide PST File Outlook with Top 3 Manual Methods Methods
Do you wish to break down a huge number of PST emails into smaller chunks because the size of your file has grown too enormous, causing delayed account and email access? If yes, we offer the perfect solution for your problem. We’ve devised the most effective manual method to divide PST file Outlook, allowing you to overcome one of the challenges caused by large file sizes. So, if you find the proposal useful and wish to go in our direction, let’s get started.
Need to Break Down Outlook PST File Into Multiple Parts?
- Splitting a PST file into many smaller PST files can be done for a variety of reasons. Some typical reasons include:
- Outlook performance slows down owing to huge PST files, which necessitates dividing PST files into smaller bits.
- When the PST file size exceeds the maximum size allowed, the user is unable to read or send or receive new emails.
- To minimise data loss due to an enormous PST file, the huge PST file must be broken down into smaller files.
These are some of the reasons why we need to split a PST file in Outlook. As a result, we provide you with the finest manual way to address all of your concerns. So, go ahead and have a look at it.
A Fantastic Manual Method to Divide PST File Outlook
Method 1: To reduce the size of a PST file, use the Archive Wizard.
The Archive function in Outlook may be used to split a pst file. You may execute the Archive process numerous times, each time to a different pst-file, to break it into yearly archives (or any other quantity, such as quarterly or every two years).
- Open MS Outlook and go to File >> Info >> Tools >> Advanced. Get Rid of Old Stuff
- Click Browse to save the Archive file to the appropriate location after selecting a folder to Archive, a date to Archive older things, and a date to Archive older items.
With this method, you may shrink the size of your PST file and store older data items to the proper area within Outlook, where you can access them when needed.
As a result, this is the first way to divide PST file Outlook. Let’s try a few different approaches and see which one works best for you.
Method 2: Import/Export Process for PST Size Reduction
The Import/Export wizard is used to partition PST files as well as move data files into and out of MS Outlook.
- Select File from the menu bar in Microsoft Outlook.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Account Settings >> Account Settings.
- Click the Add button under the Data Files tab in the dialogue box.
- Fill in a name and choose Outlook data file (.pst) as the file type to create a new PST.
- To see the updated PST, go to Data Files.
- From the File menu, choose File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- Select Export a File and then Next in the Import and Export Wizard.
- Click Next after selecting Outlook Data File (.pst) in the Export File box.
- Select the folders you wish to export and, if you want to include subfolders in the export, check the Include Subfolders box.
- Next, navigate to choose the destination directory for the exported file, as well as whether or not duplicate entries should be exported. Finally, press the Finish button.
- Create a password for the PST file that was exported, or just delete it.
As a result, this is the second way you may use to divide PST file Outlook. Following that, we’d like to present you to the final but not least strategy. So, have a look at it.
Method 3: Use the Move to Folder option to manage large PST files.
Another alternative method is to utilise the Move to Folder option to separate large PST files. To get started, follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- On the File tab of Outlook, navigate to File >> Account Settings >> Account Settings.
- Go to Data Files and click the Add button to add a new PST file.
- Navigate to Home, open the default PST file for your Outlook profile, and select the items you want to move to the new PST file you made in Step 2.
- To do so, go to the Move button on the ribbon and select Copy to Folder.
- Select the PST file to which the default PST file’s specified data items will be moved.
- By eliminating duplicated items, you can reduce the size of the default PST file.
So that wraps up our look at how to divide PST file Outlook using the manual method. You may select any of them based on your preferences. However, if you’re not confident in the manual method and want a solution that’s faster and can divide an unlimited number of PSTs at once, you may attempt the automated method.
3Steps Software allows you to split PST file without Outlook or with it.It can easily partition a huge number of PST files at the same time. Furthermore, it only requires you to follow three simple actions to complete your assignment. So, if you want to do the work quickly and learn more about the utility, delve deeper into it.
You may now easily divide PST file Outlook in more than two ways. We’ve provided you with all of the options for getting to your final destination. All of the procedures are manual and follow a set of stages. As a result, we encourage you to go through them all and choose the one that best suits your needs.