Tested Methods to Batch Convert MSG to PDF Document Format
Do you have a collection of MSG files that you want to convert into a single PDF? Rest assured that this article will detail how to batch convert MSG to PDF precisely. However, before proceeding immediately to the outcome, let’s take some reasons why users need to perform such a task.
Before going to the solution, let’s take some user queries to understand why a user wants to perform this conversion in a hassle-free manner.
Why PDF File Format?
PDF is widely accepted as a safe and protected document format. Additionally, it is portable and does not require any special application to open. In comparison to the MSG files, PDF files feature robust security protections. As a result, PDF files are admissible as forensic evidence in a court of law.
How to Batch Convert MSG to PDF format?
There are several ways available to accomplish this task. We are going to explain both, manual as well as expert solutions to convert MSG data into PDF format. But, first, we will know about the manual working.
#1: Manually Convert MSG into PDF
- Ctrl + P to launch the Print Dialog window after selecting your Outlook MSG file.
- Then, choose Adobe PDF as the printer >> Print >> Print Options >> Print Attached Files >> to obtain all attachments in various PDF formats, print the page.
- Then, under Printer, select Adobe PDF as the printer. To print attachments, navigate to Print Options, then Print Attachments.
- Finally, click Print to generate individual PDF files for each attachment.
# 2: Utilize Outlook Plug-ins
Microsoft Outlook add-ins are available. It enables you to convert MSG data into PDF with attachments in bulk without sacrificing data. The following are the steps:
- In MS Outlook, under the Adobe PDF tab, click Setup Automatic Archival Settings.
- Now, insert the MSG email folder to the list of folders to convert to PDF format.
- The next step is to click on the button labeled “Run Archival Now.”
- Finally, select Settings >> Include All Files to batch convert MSG to PDF format along with any associated attachments.
Constraints of the Manual Procedure
Without a doubt, the manual procedure provided here is simple to attempt. However, it does have several disadvantages that may influence the decision of adopting this technique.
- MSG messages could be converted to PDF format in a restricted number of cases. If you have a large size of Outlook messages, it may fail.
- This procedure can be rather lengthy and time-consuming, which means that bulk exporting of data might take a considerable amount of time.
- There is no way to view the status of MSG emails that have been saved to PDF files.
- Data is not secure since the email format may be altered and some data may be lost during the conversion process.
#3 Batch Convert MSG to PDF – A Professional Solution
There is a specialized solution, namely 3Steps Software, which allows you to convert MSG email, contacts, calendar, task, journal, etc. into PDF in a very secure and effective manner. It enables you to batch convert MSG data into PDF with all the attachments intact. It guarantees that neither the data will be lost nor altered in the ongoing process. The tool’s UI is so straightforward that even non-technical users may simply utilize it.
Key Features – MSG to PDF Converter
- Ability to convert the entire MSG mailbox to PDF format at the same time.
- Supports to batch convert the files along with the attachments.
- When you convert your MSG, this app maintains all the metadata properties.
- Before converting MSG, you can check the preview of MSG files.
- Also, you can convert selected MSG messages to PDF to save time using the date filter.
- It is not obligatory to install Outlook or Adobe to perform the conversion.
- You can run this application on any Windows or Mac Operating System version.
Some Concluding Words
We’ve included both a simple and a professional solution in this blog post to batch convert MSG to PDF file format. Conversion is made simple with an automated solution. On the other hand, free solutions have a number of disadvantages that make them less appealing to Outlook users. Thus, it is now up to the customers to select the best appropriate solution as per their requirements.