How to Convert MSG to PST File Format? Hassle-Free Methods
We know that each user has its own unique requirements. So, today we will learn about how to convert MSG to PST file format by using several approaches to meet the needs of all the users.
Microsoft Outlook is an outstanding email client with a plethora of functions. It works with both MSG and PST files. The MSG file type is used to hold a single Outlook email, attachment, tasks, etc. It creates and stores a single Outlook message only. On the other hand, a PST file can hold all the contents of a mailbox. Thus, it is always recommended to convert MSG emails to PST file format.
Besides this, there are various other reasons to perform MSG data into PST conversion. We will try to cover a maximum of them in the adjacent section of the blog.
Dominant Factors for MSG into PST File Conversion
Before you can learn the process for the exportation, you must first understand why you are converting your data. There are various advantages of using the PST file format over the MSG file format.
- Due to the fact that MSG files contain only one message, people find it extremely difficult to handle and arrange them. As a result, it is prudent to consolidate them into a single PST file.
- To avoid the Outlook Message file corruption issues because of its file size issues.
- To easily access the desired Outlook MSG Files, it is advised to convert them into PST file format.
How to Convert MSG to PST File Format?
There are various methods that can be used to convert MSG email, contact, calendar, task, journal, etc. into PST file format. The below section of the blog comprises all such ways in detail.
Method 1 – Use the Drag and Drop Solution
By using this manual procedure one can perform easy file conversion. This strategy requires you to drag objects across applications.
- Open the Outlook program on Microsoft Windows.
- Then, in the menu bar, pick the Mail option.
- Following that, click on the New folder to create a new folder.
- Create and open a folder with the appropriate name.
- Now, navigate to the folder containing the MSG files you wish to convert. All files must be selected.
- Click and hold the right mouse button. Then, navigate to the newly created Outlook folder by dragging the cursor.
- Finally, click and hold the right mouse button to convert the MSG files into Outlook PST files.
Method 2 – Use Copy & Paste MSG Files Solution
This is another straightforward yet efficient method of converting MSG to PST. It is as simple as copying and pasting files from one location to another. To perform this method, follow the instructions below.
- The MSG files are located on the system disc.
- Make a backup of all the files you wish to convert.
- Create a new folder in Microsoft Outlook by clicking on File >> New Folder.
- Give it a name of your choice and paste the copied MSG files inside it.
- It converts MSG files on your computer to Outlook PST files.
Manual Method Limitations
While manual solutions are successful, they do have certain disadvantages. Most of the time manual approaches require complicated processes that the average user is incapable of doing. Additionally, the likelihood of file corruption is significant. As a result, they are not the reliable method of converting MSG to PST. To convert files, you’ll need to use a third-party MSG to PST converter online.
Method 3 – Use MSG to PST Converter Solution
3Steps Software is an amazing application available. This application has the ability to convert MSG to PST format without Outlook installation. This app allows for the conversion of an infinite number of MSG data to PST file format, with all associated attributes. Additionally, it ensures that there will be no modifications while converting MSG to PST.
Exquisite Functionalities of the Tool
- With this app, you can easily convert MSG to PST files along with attachments.
- This software is completely safe and secure for the ease of users.
- Also, with this software, you can easily resolve how to convert to PST at once.
- When you convert your MSG files, this software preserves all the properties.
- There is no need to download the supportive application to perform the conversion.
Let’s Conclude the Post
We have figured out multiple ways using which a user can convert MSG to PST file format. There are two manual methods available: drag and drop and copy and paste. Users can opt for any of them if they are having a less number of Outlook Message files. In case of a large number of files, the expert-recommended utility is advised.