How to Combine Outlook PST Files? – Get Several Techniques
Do you have multiple PST files? Want to combine Outlook PST files? If so, then this blog will explain to you how to combine Outlook PST files into one.
Microsoft Outlook is the most popular email client. It stores all data in PST format. Outlook gives you the option to create multiple accounts.
Multiple PST files in MS Outlook are always a headache to manage on a regular basis. So it’s better to combine all PST files into a single file, but the question arises of how to do that.
Continue reading this blog. We will show you the easiest and free techniques to combine Outlook PST files without losing any information.
First, we talk about why it is needed to combine PST files. Then we provide you with a manual method to merge multiple PST files. Thereafter we suggest you solution recommended by an expert.
Why is it needed to Combine Outlook PST files?
As we all know, Outlook does not provide an option to combine multiple PST files in Outlook at once. Hence, let’s see what the reasons are for combining PST files.
- To avoid loss and accidental deletion,
- Taking a backup of different Outlook accounts into one.
- If you have many old and archived PST files, it will cause work confusion and slow down MS Outlook.
- Moving to another email client and server.
Manual Method to Combine PST Files
Here we will show you how to combine one or more PST files into one by using the Outlook email client. But before starting the process, you will need to configure MS Outlook properly on your system.
First, we create a new PST file, then import Outlook data into a new PST.
Step 1: Create a New PST File in Outlook
- Launch MS Outlook on your machine to combine Outlook PST files.
Now hit the Home tab >> New items >> More items >> Outlook Data File option.
- Then, browse the location to save a file and give a new name and click on the Ok tab.
Your new PST file is created now.
Step 2: Combine Outlook Data into New PST
First, click on the File tab >> Open & Export >> Import/Export option.
Select the “Import from another program or file” option >> Next.
Choose “Outlook Data File (.pst)” >> Next icon.
Select the desired location to save the PST file and then hit on the Next tab.
- After that, choose the folder that you want to put into the new PST file.
Drawbacks to the Manual Method
- This process requires technical knowledge.
- If you skip any step, then it will show you the error.
- This method does not support corrupted or damaged PST files.
- It will take time to combine the Outlook PST files.
- If your data is huge in the PST file then it will not combine, you need to split the PST file into a smaller PST.
Direct Solution to Combine .pst Files into One
3Steps PST Merge software is the best way to merge multiple PST files into one without any data loss. It comes with a simple interface, which makes the software easy to use.
All-in-one solution to combine .pst files without Outlook installation. This software keeps all email components and header metadata during the assembly process. It will give you a demo version to understand the software process.
This tool supports all the latest and previous versions of Outlook. Users can quickly add Outlook PST files without much technical knowledge.
Using manual assembling techniques can be difficult and complicated as there are some steps in the process that require the full attention of the user at certain points. This is one of the reasons why many Outlook users rely on the BitResQ utility.