Easy-to-Do Methods to Break PST into Smaller Files on Windows
What precisely happens when you discover that your Outlook data file has grown larger than the file’s size limit? As we all know, huge data files can result in the loss of vital data. Additionally, it results in data corruption issues in Microsoft Outlook.
As a result, you’re going to attempt to split the huge PST file into smaller parts. To simplify your process, you’re probably seeking for an immediate-solutions that will break a huge PST file.
Common reasons to break PST into smaller files
When PST files reach their maximum file size, they begin to affect MS Outlook’s day-to-day functionality. Work that runs smoothly might be disrupted. These are the reasons for the necessity of breaking PST files:
- Microsoft Outlook operation and speed are slowed.
- If the PST file’s capacity is exceeded, the data contained therein may become unavailable.
- Additional data storage becomes tough.
- Users encounter difficulties when it comes to sending and receiving texts.
- Breaking the PST into smaller files allows for better organization of the data.
- There is a significant danger of losing the data included in the PST file.
Also, have a look at the query:
“Hello, for official purposes, my employer gave me with a large number of large PST files. When I attempt to use these big PST files, I have various challenges, including my application being sluggish and hanging. Now, I’ve discovered the issue: the file size is very large, which is causing me problems. To accomplish this, I must break PST files into smaller ones. If anyone know the methods, please let me know”
Manual method to break PST files into smaller files
This section discusses manual ways for breaking PST files. The free solution for breaking an excessive PST file is divided into two parts; you may use either one to divide a huge PST file. Let we begin:
Method 1: Using the Import / Export option
- Navigate to the File menu and choose Account Settings >>Account Settings.
- Now, the option for data files has been displayed, click the add button in the Account Settings window.
- Enter a file name with the extension .pst and click OK to complete the procedure.
- A new PST file has been generated; you can now view it under Data Files.
- Then, select File >> Open & Export and then Import/Export.
- Now, inside the Import/Export wizard, choose the Export to a File option and click Next.
- In Export to a file, choose the newly produced Outlook data file (.pst).
- To export, pick the necessary folders and check the Include Sub-folders option.
- Select Browse and navigate to the location where you want to save the exported file.
- Now, select the Do Not Export Duplicates Item option to eliminate duplicates, followed by the Finish button.
Method 2: With the help of Archive option
- Select the PST file to break from the File menu.
- From the File menu, select the Archive option.
- A dialog box appears will appear; click on the option to archive this folder and then tick the All Subfolders check box, followed by a folder from the list.
- To view older entries in the archive, select on a date and then drop down.
- Select Browse and enter the PST file’s Name and Path.
- To modify the display name, follow the steps below.
- Select the Archive Folder >> Properties >> Advanced from the context menu. In the Personal Folder dialogue box, type the new name.
- Now, select the Move to Folder option to copy the files to the newly created PST files.
What are the drawbacks of manual approaches?
Manual approaches to break PST files have the benefit of being cost-free. However, they may be somewhat difficult when it comes to breaking PST files into smaller files. These are a few disadvantages that discourage consumers from using manual techniques to do this activity.
- It’s a lengthy and time-consuming process.
- There is a significant possibility of data loss.
- Additionally, there is no guarantee of a complete outcome.
- Technical expertise is required to complete this activity.
- To do this activity manually, a supporting program is required.
Amazing method to break PST into Smaller files without any limitations
It is recommended that you utilize a professional way to break PST files, such as 3Steps Software, in order to do so. It is the most incredible, reliable, and trustworthy application available. This tool enables users to break up huge PST files into smaller ones without having to deal with any form of bother or complications. Additionally, one of the most appealing aspects of this app is its user-friendly UI. This software is simple to use and does not require any specialist skills. This software is also helpful to split PST without Outlook installation.
The Final Words
Here, in the above blog, we have mentioned methods to break PST into smaller files. Manual approaches have certain limits, which is why We would recommend that you utilize professional software to overcome all of the constraints. This software is completely secure and has been thoroughly tested by specialists to quickly and effectively break PST file into several smaller parts. You can simply evaluate its functioning performance and efficiency by downloading and installing its sample versions.