Backup Yahoo Mail to Outlook for Enhanced Data Security.
Are you seeking for a technique to backup Yahoo Mail to Outlook and don’t know where to start? If you say yes, we can assure you that you’ve arrived at the correct place. This blog post contains the exact information you’re looking for. So, if you want to learn more about that, spend some of your valuable time with us.
When it comes to backing up Yahoo mail data to the Outlook email client, it will provide one of the most significant benefits. As a result, we’ve highlighted a few of them to show you how such a decision might benefit you and your working experience.
Why Should You Backup Yahoo Mail to Outlook?
- For business needs, Outlook is now recommended over yahoo email.
- Yahoo mail has a lot of advertising, which makes it difficult for customers to read their emails.
- When opposed to Yahoo, MS Outlook has a lot more capabilities, such as Sweep.
- In comparison to Yahoo mail, Outlook creates a considerably more structured Inbox.
These are some of the reasons why you should use Outlook instead of Yahoo to save and utilize your data. As a result, we aim to find ways to make the process go more smoothly.
The Manual Approach to Backup Yahoo Mail Folders to MS Outlook
Get your Yahoo account ready.
Set up your Yahoo account so that Outlook can connect to it. If you have two-step verification enabled on your Yahoo account, this is the first step.
Is it possible to use two-step verification? Make a password for your app.
Create a third-party app password if your Yahoo account is protected with two-step verification. When you configure Outlook, you’ll use this instead of your Yahoo Mail sign-in password.
Isn’t there a two-step verification process?
Set your account to allow email clients to access it using your Yahoo account sign-in password if you don’t use two-step verification to secure your Yahoo Mail account (and you don’t want to enable it).
- Go to your Yahoo Mail account and sign in. Select your profile name in the upper-right corner of the web page, then Account Info.
- Account Security should be selected.
- Choose Generate app password from the drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the version of Outlook you want to use. Outlook iOS, Outlook Android, and Outlook Desktop are all options.
- Choose Generate.
- The password key and instructions for using it appear in a window.
In Microsoft 365, Outlook 2019, and Outlook 2016, set up Yahoo Mail.
It only takes a few minutes to add your Yahoo Mail account to Outlook for Microsoft 365, Outlook 2019, and Outlook 2016.
- Navigate to the File menu.
- Then choose Add Account from the drop-down menu under Info.
- Choose Connect after entering your Yahoo Mail address.
- Input the password for your app.
- Connect is the option to use. Outlook now includes your Yahoo Mail account.
So, that’s how you backup Yahoo Mail to Outlook 2019. Now, for the next edition, follow the steps below.
In Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2010, set up Yahoo Mail.
Adding Yahoo Mail accounts to Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2010 follows a similar procedure. The procedure in Outlook 2013 is depicted in the screenshots below. Outlook 2010 has somewhat different screens, but the menus, settings, and workflow are all the same.
- Choose a file. After that, pick Add Account from the drop-down menu.
- Select Next after selecting Manual configuration or more server types.
- Select either Pop or IMAP, then Next.
- Select IMAP from the Account Type drop-down arrow in the Server Information section. Fill in your name and Yahoo email address in the User Information area and also fill other details too.
- More setting Options should be selected.
- Select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check box on the Outgoing Server tab, then Use identical settings as my incoming mail server.
- Now Select the Advanced option from the drop-down menu. Select SSL from the Use the following kind of encrypted connection drop-down arrow for both the incoming (IMAP) and outgoing (SMTP) servers. Enter 993 in the Incoming server (IMAP) text box. Enter 465 in the Outgoing server (SMTP) text box.
- Return to the Pop and IMAP Account Settings window by selecting OK.
- Next should be selected.
- This will put your account settings to the test. Both are finished successfully if everything is proper; close the window.
So that’s how you can backup Yahoo mail to Outlook manually. Although the process is absolutely free, it does not give you with convenience because it is lengthy and unreliable. Throughout the procedure, you may encounter several limitations.
As a result, we provide you the automatic technique to overcome all of the limitations you may have with the manual approach. The 3Steps Software to backup Yahoo Mail to Outlook is a highly user-friendly method. It only requires you to follow three easy steps to finish your assignment. It backs up all of your data at the same time while ensuring its integrity. So, if you come across this tool in use, you may go deep to discover it.
We’ve made it easy to backup Yahoo Mail to Outlook in 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010. We’ve provided you with all of the options for backing up your Yahoo account. There is a manual way in which you may use Yahoo’s default features. The procedure is quite lengthy, but it is free to use. So, if you want a more convenient method, you may use the automated method that we have briefly described.