Save Outlook Email as Text – One or Multiple File Conversion
Today, we will be taking a look at what a Text file is, methods to save Outlook email as Text, & the major reasons for using Text format.
What is a Text File?
The file wherein the text lines are saved in an electronic format is a text file. For saving information without any formatting, users prefer this file format.
However, nowadays, due to technological growth, it has not been as difficult as earlier to open a text file. The endianness, discrepancies in the number of the bytes, & the padding bytes are all overcome easily.
Moreover, there is no need for metadata to help the reader. Due to this, users want to automatically save Outlook email as Text.
There is not just one feature, but many which convince users to perform the conversion.
But, even after the users are convinced, they are clueless of the methods to apply.
Well, that’s why we are here. We will be explaining the methods for the same and help you understand which is better and why.
Along with that, the reasons for the conversion are explained in the upcoming sections too.
Describing Solutions for Users to Save Outlook Email as Text
Plenty of users prefer applying free methods to save their data as per their desire. Now, they can use the free manual methods but those come with certain drawbacks.
Another technique is available for the same operation which we will be talking about later.
- Manual Method
- Expert Solution
Both the techniques work well but one has disadvantages & the other one overcomes them all. Let’s find out about these solutions and how they help in completing the task.
Applying the Manual Method to Automatically Save Outlook Email as Text
You can execute the following steps in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013. 2010, 2007, 2003. & Outlook for Microsoft 365.
1. Launch MS Outlook on your desktop.
2. Go to the Message List & select the message you want to save. Press Ctrl key to select more than one message. Press Shift key to choose multiple messages in an order.
3. Click on the File option and hit the Save As button.
4. Now, browse for the destination location to save Outlook email as Text in the Save As dialog box.
5. Hit the Save As Type button and a drop-down list will appear from where you can choose the Text Only or Text Only (.txt) option.
6. Enter a name for the file in the File Name field.
7. Tap on Save to complete the procedure.
Once the operation is completed, you will be able to access the files from the chosen location whenever required.
But, There Are a Few Disadvantages of This Manual Technique
The drawbacks of manual steps to automatically save Outlook email as Text include the following:
- If you are trying to export multiple messages at a time, that’s not quite possible as the solution allows converting single file only. You will have to use the drag & drop technique to convert multiple emails.
- Due to this, the procedure becomes lengthy and time-consuming.
- There is a high possibility of data being lost or corrupted.
- Also, this method doesn’t keep the structure of the message the same, Your email might be missing certain parts or texts.
Don’t worry about the above-mentioned drawbacks, we have a smart technique,
Save Outlook Email as Text by Implementing the Expert Solution
The expert solution is also a recommendation by experts which is why it is called the expert solution. This is the 3Steps Conversion Tool that helps users to perform conversion of any type (single file or in bulk).
The tool is full of useful features to avoid losing any data and accomplish the user’s needs. You can overcome every disadvantage of the manual method using the software,
Not a lot of time-consumption is involved in this method. It also makes sure that users can choose selective emails as well.
However, What Are the Reasons to Automatically Save Outlook Email as Text?
The major reasons are:
- There is no need to have a separate or specific application to read the Text files. Users can simply open the file in MS Word, Notepad, & WordPad.
- The size of the Text file is smaller than that of an Outlook data file which is relatively easier to store.
- Easily editable by text editors such as Notepad, Notepad++, etc.
- Double-click on a text file and it will open without any permissions required or any other application requirement.
Moving To the End
The reasons to save Outlook email as Text consist of a major one i.e. the size issue. Users generally find storage spaces limited when large data files are involved. Converting data to a Text file compacts the file & it becomes easier to store them.
About the methods: The manual method is a quick technique for a single or 2 messages but not for bulk transfers.
The software can quickly transfer single messages as well as emails in bulk along with a safe conversion technique.