How to Save Outlook Contacts as CSV Format ? Free Solution
If you are an Outlook user and want to save your Outlook contacts in CSV format? So stay on this blog, here we will tell you how to save Outlook contacts as CSV formats so that you will never forget them again after using them. Before starting this blog, let’s read a user’s query.
What is CSV Files Format?
A CSV (Comma Separated Value) file is a simple yet useful text file. Databases, Excel spreadsheets, and Google Sheets all utilise this file format. These files are very handy for transmitting data across applications that don’t “speak the same language,” to put it another way.
Reason Behind the Save Outlook Contacts to CSV File
- Despite the fact that Microsoft Outlook has a sophisticated and user-friendly contacts system, it’s always a good idea to back up your data and save your contacts’ information in a separate location.
- As a result, you may want to save Outlook contacts as CSV files. These are both very accessible and adaptable platforms, making them generally acceptable backup options for Address Books.
- However, the way Outlook compiles and keeps data is incompatible with CSV and Google. A distinct file format is required for them.
- To export your contacts, you’ll need to save them as a .csv file, which you can then import into a spreadsheet or database application.
The Way for Save Outlook Contacts as CSV Format
To save Outlook contacts as CSV files, we have given two methods in this blog, with the help of which you can save your entire Outlook Contacts folder at once. In this, the first solution is manual and free of cost but it also has some limitations and second automated solution with its help you can save your Outlook contacts folder in many different formats.
Method 1: Using the Import / Export Option in MS Outlook
- Firstly, Open the MS Outlook application
- After that, click on the File tab and thereafter, hit the Open and Export Option
- The Import/Export button is located in the Open pane.
- Select the Export to a file option in the Import and Export Wizard dialogue box, then click Next.
- Select Comma Separated Values from the drop-down menu, then click Next.
- Click Next after selecting the Contacts folder you wish to preserve.
- Choose Browse from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the place where you wish to save the file in the Browse dialogue box, type a file name, and then click OK.
- Hit the Next button appear at the bottom
- Lastly, click on the Finish button
Limitation of Manual Approach
- Time-Consuming Process: If a user wants to save Outlook contacts as CSV files in bulk, doing it manually will take a significant amount of time and effort.
- The long procedure that requires technical knowledge: This manual method is very time-consuming. Without technical understanding, domestic users will be unable to finish this procedure. This method will very certainly need some kind of technical support from users.
- Risk of losing important data: After completing the process of saving Outlook contact book to CSV, there is a chance of data loss. Users may lose vital data as a result of utilising this solution.
Method 2: Automated Solution & Expert Recommended Solution
The 3Step Software is the tool that allows users to do this operation in the simplest and most enjoyable manner possible. This is the answer to every user’s issue. This tool is ideal for the task since it was created exclusively to save Outlook contacts as CSV files.
After reading the preceding article, the answer to the query of how to save outlook contacts as CSV is now evident. To do this activity, we stated a step-by-step free manual way. You may simply utilise the other option if you find manual execution time-consuming and difficult to perform the operation. This will allow you to rapidly consolidate duplicate contacts folders in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010.