Import Thunderbird to Outlook – Two Best Methods
Summary: Read this step-by-step guide if you are looking for a way to import Thunderbird to Outlook. Here we are going to discuss the two best techniques that will help you in order to import Thunderbird emails data to Outlook. So keep reading the blog to get the instead solution or bookmark the blog for future reference.
Well, Thunderbird and Outlook are both email clients that are popular in their own place. If we talk about Thunderbird then it is one most popular open-source email clients and if it is open source, then it is free. And it means that you do not have to spend a single penny to use this email application. Also, this email application provides an add-ons feature so that one can use some more features using these add-ons.
On the other hand, Outlook is not open-source so you have to pay a certain amount to use this application. But the thing is that it provides so many more features along with invulnerable security features than Mozilla Thunderbird. And these reasons force Thunderbird users to move their data from Thunderbird to Outlook.
After knowing all about Outlook and Thunderbird let have look at a user query to understand more about this query.
The above user query is asked by the user on Microsoft Community and during our research, we found not only one, but there are also many users who asked for this quest and how to complete it. So without ado lest jump into the procedure to complete the task.
How to Import Thunderbird to Outlook
Well, if you are looking for the manual method to complete this task, then there is amazing news for you there is a method by using it you can easily complete this task. But before using this method you have a Gmail account and Outlook installed in your machine. Also to complete this task you have to go through three-stage.
Stage 1 Set IMAP Protocol in Gmail
1. Open any browser and log in to your Gmail Account.
2. Now, select ‘See all settings.’
3. Next, go to the ‘Forwarding and POP/ IMAP’ tab and check the ‘Enable IMAP’ box.
4. Then, to save the settings, click the ‘Save Changes’ option.
Stage 2: Move Data Form Thunderbird
1. Launch Mozilla Thunderbird and go to Tools > Thunderbird Options.
2. Select Account Settings.
3. Select ‘Add mail account’ from the Account Actions menu.
4. Enter the relevant information, such as your name, Gmail ID, and password, and then select the ‘Remember password’ box. Then press the ‘Continue’ button.
5. Select ‘IMAP (remote folders)’ and then press the ‘Done’ button.
6. Your Gmail account should now be accessible in the left pane. Click it to get a list of all your Gmail items and folders.
7. Next, right-click your Gmail account and select ‘New Folder.’
8. Give the folder a name and click the ‘Create Folder’ button.
9. Go to your Thunderbird account and pick all of the emails you wish to export to Outlook.
10. Right-click and select ‘Copy to’, then pick the newly formed Gmail folder.
11. Now, open the Gmail folder and check to see if the emails were properly transferred.
12. Allow Gmail to sync all copied emails to the server.
Stage 3: Import Thunderbird Emails to Outlook
1. First open Outlook and navigate to File> Account Settings> Account Settings in Outlook.
2. Select New from the Email tab.
3. Enter your name, Gmail id, and password now. Then, to proceed, click Next.
4. After logging in successfully, click Finish to exit the Account settings box.
5. Go to the left pane and choose your Gmail account to see the email.
6. Go back to Thunderbird and open the Gmail folder you made. It should include all Thunderbird emails.
7. You have now successfully exported Thunderbird emails to Outlook using Gmail.
Drag and Drop Method to Import Thunderbird to Outlook
You can also use this technique to complete this task by using the drag and drop method. And to do this follow the below steps:
1. To save the emails from Thunderbird first create a folder on your system at any location.
2. Open Thunderbird the emails that you want to import to Outlook.
3. Now, drag and drop the emails to the newly created folder.
4. After this you can drag and drop the EML file to Outlook Inbox to import Thunderbird to Outlook.
Drawbacks of the Manual Method
Well, the above method is free and you do not have to spend a single penny to complete this task. But the thing is that both of the methods are quite time-winded because Gmail method you have to follow so many steps and if you skip any of the steps then you end up with the error.
Similarly, the second drag and drop method is one by one method you have to drag and drop the single EML from Thunderbird and then import it to the Outlook inbox.
Try Professional Solution
As we know that all the above process we have discussed is quoit useful. But if you want to complete this task without wasting time, then you can try 3Steps MBOX Converter.
This tool gives you a direct option to import Thunderbird MBOX data to Outlook PST without any hassle. Not only PST this tool also gives you multiple file-formats to import Thunderbird MBOX data to any other email client.
Well, it is time to warp up the blog, now if you are looking for the solution to import Thunderbird to Outlook, then go through the above. Here we have discussed two free approaches to complete the task. In addition, we have also discussed an automated solution that can easily complete this task.