How to Import Outlook Emails to Apple Mail Account ?
Hello Outlook users, today we bring you a solution to a serious problem that is how to import Outlook emails to Apple Mail. As we all know that importing anything in Apple Mail is a very hectic task as the Mac machine does not give the option to import any data quickly. So after doing a lot of research, we have found some solutions so that you can import your Outlook emails into Apple Mail very easily. Let us know how this will happen and how many ways there can be to do it.
Why do Users Need to Import Outlook to Apple Mail
Importing Microsoft Outlook email into Apple Mail serves a variety of purposes. We’ll go through a few of the most typical reasons:
- Hardware Failure – All Outlook emails are kept on the computer system’s hard drive. In any event, if your hard drive fails, you will lose all of your data.
- Outlook PST File Corruption – If your email account is removed for whatever reason, your Microsoft Outlook PST files may be corrupted. Then you’re left with nothing.
- Platform Switching – As we previously discussed with the help of a user query, simply switching from a Windows to a Mac machine can cause a flurry of activity and force you to import emails from Outlook to Apple Mail.
Let’s look at the numerous methods to import Outlook emails to Apple Mail on a Mac OS X system. All of the various strategies are detailed in-depth in the next section.
Way to Import Email from Outlook to Apple Mail
In this blog, we have mentioned three ways to import Outlook emails to Apple Mail, in which one way will be manual and free and the second way is an automated solution, with the help of which you can import your Outlook emails without any hassle. Let us first see how we can import Outlook email using the manual solution.
Method 1: Using the Thunderbird Email Client Application
Phase 1: Import Emails from Thunderbird Application
- Firstly, Open the thunderbird application on your windows machine
- After that click on the “ALT” tab and after that choose the Tools option >> Import option
- Thereafter, automatically open the new Popup tab and then choose any option which you can import than data into thunderbird and then click on the Next button
- After that, choose Outlook and press the Next button.
- Finally, click on the Finish button, your Outlook emails will be imported automatically
Phase 2: Export Emails from .mbox Format
- Firstly, reopen the thunderbird and click on the ALT button on your keyboard
- After that, click on the tools and then hit the ImportExportTool NG
- Thereafter, Choose the Export all the Folder or Export all the folders (with structure) which you want to export them
- Lastly, choose the destination path and click on the ok button, your email files will be exported in .mbox format
Phase 3: Import Resultant Files into Apple Mail
- Firstly, Open the Apple Mail application on a Mac machine
- Now go to the Files tab and after that, click on the Import Mailbox option
- Thereafter, click on the MBOX files in the Drop-Down menu and then hit the continue button
- Lastly, select the MBOX files which you want to import and click the continue
Congratulation! Your Outlook emails will be Imported in Apple Mail Successfully.
Limitation of Manual Method
The above-mentioned manual method to import Outlook emails to Apple Mail is effective. This approach has various drawbacks, such as the fact that non-technical people would struggle to follow the processes. This is a long and time-consuming procedure. There is a risk of data loss if the manual procedures are not completed properly. Try the Windows Outlook to Apple Mail converter programme for a safe and secure option. The whole step-by-step instructions may be found below.
Method 2: Automated Solution of Import Outlook Emails to Apple Mail
There is a very easy way to import Outlook emails to Apple Mail without the need to do all the steps mentioned above. The name of that software is 3Steps, with its help you can import your emails to many email clients and it is not so much a hectic task as a manual solution. It takes only a few minutes to do this with the help of this software.
Microsoft Outlook is a Windows application that stores mailbox data such as emails, contacts, calendars, and other stuff. Apple Mail, on the other hand, does not support this. One might receive suggestions on how to import Outlook emails to Apple Mail from the preceding article. To overcome this problem, we covered both human and automated solutions. Because the manual method is time-consuming and complex, utilising Outlook to Apple mail converter software is the ideal solution.