Techniques to Import OLM to Office 365 Account without Any Downtime
Outlook is the most popular email client app for sending and receiving the email messages. This application is available for both Windows and Mac machine. The only difference between both are the file formats. This article is for Outlook for Mac users who needs to import OLM to Office 365 account.
Microsoft created Office 365, a cloud-based application that enables users to send and receive emails through the internet. It comprises a number of cloud-based software tools, including Office Online, Outlook 365, and Yammer. Office 365 data is stored in the cloud and may be accessed from any location and at any time.
Now the question is why a user would want to import OLM into their Office 365 account. If you’re curious, please have a look below.
What is the benefit to import OLM to Office 365?
There are a variety of reasons for saving an OLM file to Office 365. Following is a list of some of them, which includes:
- Office 365 is a web-based software product.
- It may be accessible from any location and at any time of day or night.
- Due to the fact that it keeps data on the cloud, there is less chance of data loss.
- Office 365 is more secure and safe than the Mac version of the same programme.
Also, have a look at the query below to get a better understanding of the situation
Hello, I’m trying to import OLM into my Office 365 account because I have some official requirements. I attempted to perform this manually, but was unable to obtain an exact result. I have hundreds of crucial OLM files that I need to import in bulk, but I don’t know how to do it. Please let me know if you are aware of any professional solution that would fulfil my requirements. Thanks in advance. I shall be really grateful to you for your assistance.
Check out the techniques to import OLM into Office 365 account
Manual method: There is currently no direct manual approach available that allows you to import several OLM files into Office 365 in a single operation. You must follow the two steps outlined below in order to do this.
To import OLM to a format that is compatible with other software, you must first create an IMAP email account. After that, you may use it to transfer data from a Mac OLM file to a Windows computer. To convert an OLM file to a format that is compatible with other tools, follow the procedures outlined below:
- To allow IMAP access, you must first sign into your Gmail account.
- Setup this Gmail account in Mac Outlook using the OLM file data that was previously downloaded.
- If your Outlook Mac does not already have the OLM data, you may import it from an OLM file.
- Then, using a Gmail label, start moving all of the data from the Mac OLM file to the Gmail labels and letting it sync with your other devices.
- Configure your Windows Outlook email client to use the same Gmail account you used previously.
- Once this is completed, you may use the “Import/Export option” to export OLM emails from your IMAP mailbox to a PST file.
- When you have finished importing all of your files, open them up in your Office 365 email account. You can do this through the use of manual approaches.
Don’t employ the manual technique until you’ve thoroughly examine its drawbacks
There are certain restrictions to using the manual way of data entry. Some of them are listed in the following section:
- When utilising the manual technique, a user may only import emails from an OLM file into Office 365.
- During the transfer procedure, there is also the chance of data loss occurring.
- The manual process of importing OLM into Office 365 is time-consuming and labour-intensive.
- The data integrity of the OLM file is not maintained throughout the transfer or copying of the OLM file to Office 365.
- Users can make use of a third-party utility to get around the limitations of the manual technique described above.
3Steps software are fully tested and reliable. With this app, one can easily resolve all the limitations of manual method. With this app, you can import OLM to Office 365 without facing issues. Also, it allows you to import OLM into other file formats like EML and cloud or desktop email applications.
Both manual and professional ways of importing OLM into an Office 365 account have been discussed in detail in the preceding article. Using the ways that have been offered, one may simply obtain the desired outcome without experiencing any difficulties. As a result, select the approach that best meets your requirements. I hope you enjoyed reading the post.