How to Download Mailbox from Office 365 Completely? Solved
Download Mailbox from Office 365: Every day, an employee in a company sends and receives a large number of emails. These emails include the most important information that must be retrieved for official use.
The information must be stored in a personal folder where it can be easily accessed even if the internet connection is sluggish or the server is not responding quickly.
If there is ever an issue with Office 365, you must save your mailbox into PST. So, that the data may be utilized for backup. Both manual and automatic methods will be used to accomplish this task.
In this blog post, I’ll go through how to use the eDiscovery tool, Outlook email client, and the professional Tool to download mailbox from Office 365.
Can you Save Emails from Office 365 Manually?
Here I will show you 2 manual methods to download PST from Office 365. First, we will take the eDiscovery tool and then we will download the mailbox from Office 365 by using the Outlook email client. Also, both manual methods have some limitations.
Method 1: Download PST from Office 365 with the eDiscovery Tool
- Firstly, log in to your Exchange Admin Centre.
- Next, choose “Permission” from the left panel and then Admin Roles >> Discovery Management >> Mailbox Import-Export, and lastly press on the Save.
- Now choose “Compliance Management” from the left panel and then the “in-place eDiscovery & hold” tab and then press on the “New (+)”.
- Now enter the name and the description into the appearing window and press on the “Next” icon.
- Next, select the mailbox according to your needs to download PST from Office 365.
- After that, select the required filters and press the “Next” icon.
- Now Specify how long the data items will be kept on the server and press on the finish icon to download the mailbox from Office 365. and then a prompt will appear, press on the “Run” button.
Now you will get the PST file, and you can view the PST file easily in the Outlook email client.
Limitations users will face during the process
- Many users are unable to implement this strategy because of the long processes involved to download PST from Office 365.
- It takes a longer time to complete the procedure.
- This approach does not provide the ability to save just the data that you want.
- To download a mailbox from Office 365 subscription, one must have a solid technical background.
Method 2: By Using the Outlook Email Client
First, we will connect the Office 365 account into the Outlook application, and then we will download the mailbox from Office 365 by using Outlook.
Step 1: Connect Office 365 to Outlook Account
- Open Outlook email client.
- And then click on the “File” tab >> Info >> “Add Account” tab.
- After that, enter the Office 365 login details to save emails from Office 365.
Step 2: Download PST from Office 365 Account
- Restart the Outlook on your machine.
- And then click on the “File” tab and “Open & Export” >> “Import/Export” option.
- Now choose the “Export to a File” option and click on the “Next” icon.
- After that, select “Outlook Data File(.pst)” and click on the Next button.
- Next, select the Office 365 folder and subfolders from the and then click on the “Next”.
- Lastly, browse the saving location according to your needs.
- When downloading an inbox from Office 365, there is a risk of data loss.
- To download PST from Office 365, a high level of technical understanding is necessary.
- Additionally, additional filter options are no longer accessible in Outlook.
- It is necessary to perform the method over and again for each and every file.
Using the manual procedures that have been explicitly described above, a user may download their mailbox from their Office 365 account.
The manual technique, while it is free of cost, does not offer a comprehensive solution to download mailboxes from Office 365 into PST files. A few of the negative repercussions of using manual procedures include data loss and file corruption.
Direct Approach to Download Mailbox from Office 365
Inconsistencies in the produced PST file, among other things. It is suggested that you utilize the 3Steps Tool to alleviate all of these issues.
This application has several capabilities, all of which are easily accessible to all of its users via an intuitive interface. It enables to download of Office 365 mailboxes into a variety of file formats, including PST, EML, and MSG.
All of the data, including emails, contacts, calendar events, tasks, and so on, are gathered together. It includes a two-mode download option, which allows you to either save O365 archive mailboxes or download in-place archive messages from the archive mailboxes.
It has a unique feature, namely the Login for Admin option, which enables you to connect with several Exchange online accounts at the same time.
You may download the mailbox from Office 365 to PST format manually or automatically. While the manual technique is free, it has limited capabilities and is unreliable. Using the manual technique also has the disadvantages listed above. So, use the third-party utility. It is a professional tool in great demand. It can save Office 365 mailbox to PST and two additional formats. This utility also works with Windows 10, 8.1, and 8.