Download All Emails from Yahoo – Easy Steps from Manual Guide
Plot: This write-up explains how users can download all emails from Yahoo. It consists of an explanation of the manual method and limitations (if any). Also, there are genuine user queries which people ask. Learn the reasons for creating an export in the local storage. Now, starting with an introduction to Yahoo!
Yahoo is one of the oldest email services on the web which a lot of users have been using since the start and are still sticking to it.
It offers various functions for communicating over emails that plenty of users enjoy.
But why do users ask: how do I download all emails from Yahoo?
It is not hidden that Yahoo has been hacked a lot of times in the last 10 years. This is the major reason why most of the users want to save their data locally.
It’s true that the cloud is not 100% safe and there are many risks that threaten a user’s data stored on the server.
We are going to mention the risks that might cause data-loss or corruption situations for various users.
Also, we will explain the methods to download the entire message data from your Yahoo mail account.
Threats Leading Users to Download All Emails from Yahoo
Yahoo has a ton of users and a list of a good amount of hacking attacks that compromised information of various users.
There was a chance of this data being deleted from a user account. To make sure nothing happens to the data, users are suggested to take a backup of their data locally.
The major risks include
- Hacking: A lot of users have faced an attack in the past 10 years only which has led them to take a backup of their data on their end. Those who ask how can I download all my emails from Yahoo have been attacked by a hacker before. Many users have lost their data or it has been compromised which is why it is important to save the data someplace secure.
- Virus Intrusion: Sometimes, users receive emails from an unknown sender with attractive offers or something. This email usually invites you to click on a link if you want in. Once you click on the link, it leaves a virus in your mailbox which spreads pretty quickly, corrupting your data. This data becomes inaccessible.
- Malware Attacks: Please help me to download all emails from Yahoo before I again get attacked by ransomware? Various users have encountered malware such as ransomware attacks wherein the messages are encrypted. Due to this encryption, accessing emails becomes difficult.
- Accidental Deletion: Having a backup can save the messages from being accidentally deleted. While cleaning your account, you might delete certain important emails without realizing. Because of that, users lose crucial information but with a backup, it can be saved.
- Outage Issue: During an outage, it becomes difficult to access even the previous emails. If you have a backup, you will be able to open your old messages.
How Do I Download All Emails from Yahoo? Which Method Helps Me With It?
There is no direct method to export the emails from your mailbox to your local drive as provided by Yahoo.
If you want to manually perform the operation, you will have to use a desktop-based application such as MS Outlook.
This task can be completed by configuring the Yahoo account to Microsoft Outlook application. However, it is divided in three major stages:
Take a look at the steps.
Stage 1 – Generate Password for Outlook to Download the Messages
How can I download all my emails from Yahoo by generating a password?
Stick till the end to learn. Go through the following steps for the passcode:
1. Login to your Yahoo mail account & click on the profile picture. Hit the Account Info button.
2. Choose the Manage App Password option from the list that appears.
3. When the popup window appears, click on the Outlook desktop Press the Generate button to get a password for the application.
4. You will get a passcode after that which you will be needing to login to your account. Copy this password and click on Done to move forward.
Stage 2 – Download All Emails from Yahoo Via Configuration
For that, you need to follow these steps:
1. Launch Outlook application and click on the File Choose the Add Account button.
2. Enter the details for your Yahoo email account and hit the Connect button.
3. Now, provide the password you copied in the previous stage in the Password field.
4. Click on the Done button.
5. Then, open Outlook again and you will see your Yahoo account configured in it.
You might need to wait for a few minutes or hours (probably) if the data files are larger in size.
Stage 3 – How Can I Download All My Emails from Yahoo After Configuration?
Once the account is configured and all the data has been synced, you can use the Import/Export Wizard to export the data.
Implement these instructions:
1. Click on the File option & choose the Open & Export option.
2. Choose the Import/Export option from the list & the Import/Export Wizard will open up.
3. Select the Export to a file option and hit the Next button.
4. Then, opt for the Outlook data file (.pst) option and press Next.
5. Mark the folders you want to export to download all email from Yahoo.
6. Browse for the destination location and click on the Finish button.
This will export the data from the chosen folder to your local storage.
There are various limitations of applying this method. Let’s find out!
Barriers of Manually Download Messages from Your Account to Local Device
- A ton of steps lead to confusion and much more time-consumption.
- More time-consumption means a lengthy procedure which is not suitable for every user.
- You can backup only a single account at a time using this method.
- Download All Emails from Yahoo manually is not possible for non-technical users.
- There are several manual errors which can lead to data-loss or corruption in the mailbox.
- It is possible that your procedure might be left incomplete & users may need to start the task all over again.
- The file formats are limited.
Yahoo is a great email service which a lot of users are not ready to leave even after various hack attacks & compromised data. Users are, however, taking measures for keeping their data safe such as downloading emails locally on their end.
Since the manual methods are not as useful, you can go for the 3Steps Backup Tool to download all emails from Yahoo with no such limitations. It provides a smooth backup procedure & offers a lot of features for a successful transfer in various formats.