How to Convert Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail ?
Today, in this write-up, we will explain your most searched query on the internet “how to convert Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail?”.
There are many situations where users want to convert Outlook Express data into Windows Live Mail.
So, here is one of the best and free techniques to solve your problems.
Outlook Express used to be one of the most popular email clients, but with the introduction of new features and product releases, it has fallen out of favor. And, more recently, Windows Live Mail has emerged as the new application that a large number of people are interested in.
Windows Live Mail might be considered the successor to Outlook Express because it enables access to Gmail, Hotmail, and even Yahoo mail accounts.
The process to convert Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail, is a simple and quick process that doesn’t take a long amount of time to complete. However, there are some considerations that must be taken into consideration.
So, before we begin the conversion procedure, we’ll go over the restrictions and considerations you should keep in mind when converting Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail.
Reasons for Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail Conversion
Manual Methods to Convert Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail
- Move the Outlook Express folders that were previously saved to the new system.
- Setup of Outlook Express is essential in order to copy the Outlook Express saved folder from Windows XP to Windows 7, 8, or 8.1.
Location of Outlook Express Emails
Method 1: By Selecting the “Microsoft Outlook Express” Option
- Open Windows Live Mail on your device to convert Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail.
- Now select the “Import” option from the main menu.
- Next select “Microsoft Outlook Express” from the list.
- And then browse the DBX file location and hit “OK” and Next.
- Lastly, wait for the process to complete.
Now you will get the all-Outlook Express emails into Windows Live Mail.
Method 2: By Using Drag and Drop
- First open, Outlook Express on your machine to convert Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail.
- And then drag and drop the emails on the screen.
- Now you will get the emails as .eml format.
- Next, once again open the Windows Live Mail.
- And then choose “Import” from the menu >> “Windows Live Mail” options.
- After that, browse the location of EML format >> OK >> Next button.
- Wait for completing the process.
Important Note: You have to repeat the procedure again and again for each email of Outlook Express.
Limitations of Manual Methods
- Windows Live Mail must be installed and working properly.
- Users can not convert multiple emails from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail.
- You have to repeat the procedure again and again for each email.
- Time-consuming and lengthy process.
- Unfortunately, damaged or corrupted Outlook Express DBX files are incompatible with this technique. So, the files will need to be repaired before they can be converted to EML format.
- The procedure is successful, but not always. It has been observed that it was impossible to convert all emails and file types as stated.
As you can see, manual methods are best and there are some limitations and restrictions, which we explained before.
So, if you don’t want to face any kind of issues, then you should use method 3 for hassle-free Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail conversion.
Method 3: Hassle-Free Solution to Convert Outlook Express Emails
Manual approaches are fraught with difficulties for users. Because of this, users must utilize third-party software, such as 3steps Outlook Express converter, to avoid these types of problems. Which comes with a slew of incredible features. Aside from that, the software includes a user-friendly interface that makes it simple to use for both technical and non-technical people. It is really simple to convert all of the data from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail with this software.
Time to Say Goodbye
This article highlighted one of the most effective and cost-free methods of converting Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail. We have discussed three ways, each of which has its own set of advantages and downsides. So, before beginning the conversion, make sure to read the entire article. Select the methods that best suit your requirements. I hope you enjoyed reading the post.